The Student Technology Coordinator (STC) program provides a unique opportunity for students with excellent interpersonal skills and an interest in technology to work within their residential college as a technology liaison and be the “face of STS” to their fellow students. If you are interested in becoming an STC in your residential college, please review the job description below. For a list of our current STCs please visit our Student Staff page.
STC Job Description:
Essential Functions: a Student Technology Coordinator (STC) is a second semester freshman, sophomore, junior or senior level student employee of Student Technology Services who works approximately 8 – 12 hours per week. The STC is responsible for providing technology support in the Residential College where he/she resides. The STC also provides support at the STS Service Desk (Gregg Hall) four or more hours each week.
- Assist residential students with computer/connectivity trouble-shooting and referral to appropriate technology resources
- Monitor and support the day-to-day operations of the computer labs located within the residential college, including keeping the printing supplies full and the computers in working order
- Develop communication methods to keep residential students and staff apprised of technology resources and news; these methods can include emails, texts, phone calls, posted signage, etc.
- Provide an educational training program in September on a topic of interest to the residential students—the goal of the program is to increase technology proficiency, responding to questions/needs that students have.
- As a team of three – to – four STCs, develop and implement a training session to be given to all students who are interested during the spring semester. Location of this training will be determined.
- Develop and maintain rapport with the Residential College Director by meeting face-to-face at least once monthly; communicate regularly to ensure timely dissemination of technology-related information
- The STC will live in a designated residence hall or residential college
- Live in a designated residence hall or residential college
- Complete all orientation sessions specific to the STC role; training includes sessions on office procedures, computer lab maintenance, technology troubleshooting, customer service and communication
- Support the Move-In process at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters with extra work hours
- Meet with the STS Programs Managerweekly until October 1st
- Starting October 1st meet with the Programs Manager bi-weekly or as needed
- Build positive relationships among students, ResLife staff and STS
- Minimum of a four-hour shift at the STS Service Desk
- Knowledge of and proficiency with PC and Mac operating systems
- Full time undergraduate student with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA in good academic and judicial standing
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Plans to live in the specific Residential College in need of a STC
- Recommendation from RCD and STS staff