Before beginning this process, ensure that your computer is connected to WUSTL 2.0 wireless network (or WUSM-secure if you are on the medical campus).
To configure your computer to use WUSTLprint, the University’s central print management system, simply download and run this printing setup installer:
NOTE: If your computer is running Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite and you receive a message that the App is damaged and can’t be opened, please follow the install instructions by clicking the GIF or YouTube link below.
NOTE: The Mac OS printer setup script is now compatible with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) through Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra). Students who upgrade their Mac OS will need to re-download and re-run the setup script in order to be able to print.
Once the installation is complete, you will be able to send print jobs to the WUSTLprint system and then release them at print release stations. WUSTLprint compatible print release stations are located in the following areas:
- Residential computing labs
- Olin Library locations
- Arts and Sciences
- Business School
- Brown School
- Law School
- Medical Campus
For most issues with WUSTL printing from Mac OS X, first try removing and then reinstalling the print script using the following steps, or check out this video:
- Click the Apple icon in the top left corner, and select System Preferences
- Select Printers and Scanners
- Select the wustl-print and wustl-print-color, and remove each one by clicking the negative sign below them.
- Download a fresh version of the WUSTLprint-setup for Mac OS X here.
- Run the script and enter your computer password that you used to login to the computer.
- Follow the dialog boxes and enter your WUSTL key, and allow the script to run.
- A dialog box should appear saying that you have successfully installed printing on your computer.
If problems persist, please contact Student Technology Services.