Job Title: Technical Support Specialist
Location: CSRB Link, MedSchool Campus
Salary/Schedule: $12/hr, up to 20 hrs/week (M-F between 7am and 5:30pm)
Position Summary: Provide administration and support of computer systems. Resolves moderately complex issues regarding computers, tablets and smart phones, including installations, setups, error messages, and email provisioning. Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technological assistance to students, faculty and staff of the Medical School with various technology questions and problems through in the form of walk-ups, phones calls and emails.
- Troubleshoot computers that have been left with WUSM IT Services for performance issues, malware/virus cleanup, and various other technical problems both hardware and software related.
- Assist the Tier 1 and Tier 2 technicians with various projects throughout the Medical School area of responsibility.
Critical Skills and Expertise:
- Requires knowledge of Microsoft OS, PC hardware, MAC OS, Apple hardware, MS Office tools and other desktop software
- Able to adjust to changes in priorities and demands on time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent language and people skills