Department: Student Technology Services – DevSTAC
Reports to: Project Manager II
Salary: commensurate with experience – not to exceed 20 hours per week
The Emerging Multimedia Student Tech role provides an opportunity for students interested in working with 360 and traditional media (photo and video) and integrating it into web platforms, work as part of a production team and explore new multimedia technologies.
This position will work on projects for STS and for campus clients.
• 360 degree and traditional still photography of locations and events
• 360 degree and traditional video camera operations of events.
• Post-production video editing of 360 and traditional video.
• Photo editing/manipulation.
• Publish photo/video projects to website/youtube.
• Other duties as assigned
• Video Editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere)
• Experience with digital SLR cameras
• Experience with video cameras (other than cell phones)
• Experience with or interest in learning 360 degree photography/videography
• Knowledge of photo/video composition standards
• Basic Adobe Photoshop, advanced experience preferred
• Flexible availability
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift 20 pounds or more
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Pro-active about learning about new media technology and equipment
• Ability to work under deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly and seek clarification from clients when needed
• Excellent writing, verbal and organizational skills
• Meet basic STaRS hiring criteria – maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Attention to detail