Department: Student Technology Services
Reports to: Communications and Technical Training Specialist
Salary/Hours: Commensurate with experience
Work Schedule/Hours Per Week: Mon – Fri between 9AM to 1PM / no more than 20 hours
Start Date: Immediately
General Responsibilities: Reporting to the STS Communications and Technical Training Specialist, this position works independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts. Requires strong time management and planning skills. (SFS and University College students are particularly encouraged to apply.)
- Special events coordination (draft agendas, make, name-tags, set up catering, reserve rooms and set up work orders for room set up etc.).
- Assist with student personnel files (maintenance/archives).
- 5-7100 incoming voice mail maintenance/follow up (open service requests as needed).
- Door signage and upkeep of front office.
- Appointment scheduling.
- Unpacking shipments and mail distribution.
- Work with NC Admin on inventory items.
- Greet students and visitors who come for Service Desk help outside regular hours.
- Assists customers with general questions/logistics.
- Maintain Gregg Classroom schedule and signage.
- Maintain Conference Room schedule and signage.
- Fill copies and printers daily.
- Make copies of documents as requested by staff; collate as needed.
- Maintain the storage room to keep it orderly.
- Paper Cut order assistance/inventory management.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of team.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technical concepts.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A strong desire to learn with ability to prioritize.
- Highly organized and able to multitask and manage priorities.
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills and professionalism.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Able to perform duties in a high traffic area.
- Prior office support experience
- Computer programs and database use (general)
- Ability to quickly recognize, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work effectively in open, busy area with frequent interruptions
- Current WUSTL student in good academic standing