Department: Student Technology Services
Reports to: STS Communications Coordinator
Salary: $10 – $13/hour, depending on experience – not to exceed 20 hours per week
The student photographer/videographer role provides an opportunity for visual media-minded students to hone their skills, learn to work with a wide variety of media equipment, work as part of a production team, and expand professional portfolios.
The student photographer/videographer provides support primarily in photographing student portraits and video camera operation for events and small productions, as well as video and photo editing. Some previous experience with digital SLR cameras and photo editing is a must; knowledge of video editing software is preferred.
Essential functions: The student photographer/videographer reports the Communications Coordinator, as part of a growing team at Student Technology Services that services student media needs on campus. The job requires 10 to 20 hours per week (dependent on available gigs) in a mix of varying day and evening hours. The pay range for this position is $10 to 13 per hour.
- Portrait and event photography
- Mobile photography studio setup
- Video camera operation for events and small productions
- Video and audio equipment setup for events and small productions
- Assist the media team in preparation, setup and execution of video and photo shoots
- Assist the media team in post-production photo and video editing
- Assists with hands-on and technical support during special events
- Experience with digital SLR cameras
- Novice experience or better with Adobe Photoshop
- Flexible availability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to lift 20 pounds or more
- Video camera operation experience
- Video editing software experience (Apple Final Cut and/or Adobe Premiere)
- Graphics editing software (Adobe Illustrator, Apple Motion, and/or Adobe After Effects)
- Knowledge of portrait photography/composition