Job Title: Technical Support Specialist (2 positions available)
Location: Danforth and MedSchool Campus
Salary/Schedule: $11/hr, up to 20 hrs/week (evening hours available M-Th between)
Start date: early September 2016
Position Summary: Provides support with PC re-imaging and reporting issues to the Shift Lead Technician that will assist with each PC migration. Resolves moderately complex issues regarding computers. Training will be available, re-imaging instructions provided as part of training. Ensures user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Desktop support: Provides daily support for the computing desktop; including operating system, software installation and maintenance, and hardware. Respond to assigned tickets. Evaluates, prioritizes, resolves problems and requests, or escalates to appropriate support areas. Acts as the front-facing support liaison for all desktop-related support issues. Provides support documentation for Tier 1 Service Desk. Collaborates with higher level technical areas on planning and issue resolution. Prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands. Acts as a liaison between customers and senior technical staff
- Project facilitation: Complete tasks associated with projects or activities that relate to the desktop support environment, such as system upgrades, system integration and system administration.
- Other duties as assigned
Critical Skills and Expertise:
- Experience supporting all standard office productivity applications and computing platforms in an enterprise environment
- Ability to understand, be accountable, and complete assigned tasks associated with projects. Such as system upgrades, system integration, and system administration
- Able to adjust to changes in priorities and demands on time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
- Good organizational skills: ability to prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands
- Strong customer service skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent language and people skills