Job Title: Technical Support Specialist (1 position available)
Location: Danforth and MedSchool Campus
Salary/Schedule: $11/hr, up to 20 hrs/week
Position Summary: Working with the SITS Desktop Engineering team, provides support with PC and Mac re-imaging, software troubleshooting and shared service environment preparation for example setting up new printers for an organization using our desktop management tools. Training will be available and documentation will be provided.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide support to the SITS Desktop engineering team with day to day activities, which includes tickets, troubleshooting, testing new processes and setting up objects in the new environment for units transitioning into Shared Services.
· Project facilitation: Complete tasks associated with projects or activities that relate to the desktop support environment, such as system upgrades, system integration and system administration.
· Other duties as assigned
Critical Skills and Expertise:
· Experience supporting all standard office productivity applications and computing platforms in an enterprise environment
· Ability to understand, be accountable, and complete assigned tasks associated with projects. Such as system upgrades, system integration, and system administration
· Able to adjust to changes in priorities and demands on time
· Ability to work with minimal supervision with a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new circumstances
· Good organizational skills: ability to prioritize work load to appropriately respond to customer needs and demands
· Strong customer service skills, including written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent language and people skills
Must meet basic STaRS hiring criteria: full time student with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA in good academic and judicial standing