Department: Washington University Information Technology (WUIT) — Office of the CIO
Reports to: Sr. Director Portfolio and Project Management Office
Salary: $15-$20/hour, commensurable with experience
Schedule: 10-20 hours per week during Spring 2020 semester, with a Summer 2020 Internship opportunity for 40hrs/week
Location: MedSchool Campus – some work can be done remotely
Job Description: The student employee will plan, develop and deliver technical training materials and instructional courses in support of preparing resources and end users to operate in the future state: 1) IT staff using and mastering new IT processes and tools, 2) faculty, staff and students becoming users of new IT Shared Services. Works with project management to determine the needs of stakeholders impacted by the change, helps determine deployment approach and methods (coaching, self-paced learning, instructor led learning, eLearning), and plans and delivers needed training materials (job aids, on-line help, deployment training user guides, self-study guides, supporting web pages) and communications leading up to training and deployment of new services.
- Plans training, documentation and communication deliverables
- Provides leadership, vision, creativity and strategy for the development of performance support materials for customers or IT staff in support of IT systems and services delivery
- Defines learning objectives and designs course curriculum and training deliverables to meet those objectives
- Coordinates planning activities to meet objectives and timelines of overall program or project. Forecasts required time and resources, provides status
- Reports, and follows established methodology. Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to project deliverables.
- Develops and implements communications plans and associated communications following established standards and methodology
Analysis, Design, Execution
- Studies and develops a comprehensive understanding of assigned systems. Works closely with co-workers, product teams, and business office subject matter experts to acquire an in-depth knowledge of the system, including system transactions and the business processes related to the system, and end-user experiences. Applies the in-depth knowledge in all phases of training and communication development (analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation).
- Develops, tests, implements, and presents training deliverables in multiple formats such as case scenarios, simulations, e-learning courses, and other related support documentation following established standards and methodology.
- Ensures training and communications are delivered successfully, including training/presentation delivery, material production, training room set-up and registration. Develops and implements communications plans and associated communications following established standards and methodology.
- Coordinates with vendors, customizing vendor training materials as appropriate.
- Experience analyzing business processes, applying instructional design methods and theories, developing training curricula and user documentation and needed communications
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly and to understand technical information and communicate it to others using clear, concise, and user-friendly language.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent writing, verbal and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and exemplary proofreading skills
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency using word processing applications
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Preferred: Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management, process mapping and improvement, project management, and production support.
- Preferred: working knowledge of eLearning platforms (Captivate and Camtasia)
- Demonstrated understanding of currently used web tools and coding.
- Meet STaRS hiring criteria (minimum GPA 2.5)