Is your computer ready?
Make sure your computer is ready by testing your internet connection, software, camera and microphone using the Zoom test tool at https://zoom.us/test.
Check out the Zoom Cheatsheet.
Attending classes online using Zoom
Zoom is a video conferencing and recording tool that can be used on its own or within Canvas. Washington University provides a Zoom account to all faculty, students and staff. To get started, sign in with your WUSTL Key at https://wustl.zoom.us/
How do I find the Zoom meeting link for my class?
Your instructor may email the link to you or have posted the link in Canvas or shared it as an announcement in Canvas.
It is important that you stay on top of email and that you have notifications turned on in Canvas to ensure you don’t miss any communications.
What should I expect when I join a Zoom session?
- Click the Zoom meeting link several minutes before your meeting, as you may be prompted to download Zoom to your device.
- Test your internet connection, software, camera and microphone using the Zoom test tool at https://zoom.us/test
- Follow the instructions to join
- Mute yourself if that is not default to minimize background noise. Unmute when you want to talk.
How do I find recordings of a Zoom meeting in Canvas?
If the meeting was scheduled via Canvas and recorded, the Zoom recording will be in the Canvas course in the Zoom tool > Cloud Recordings tab a few hours after the meeting ends.
– info credit: Teaching and Learning Continuity