The deadline has been extended to Friday, April 22nd!
Are you interested in flexing your 3D design chops and winning cool prizes?
STS is hosting a 3D design competition to design or remix a cart for your favorite character. Submissions are accepted through April 22nd, 2022.
- Raffle Submission Deadline = April 1st, 2022 (11:59 PM CST)
- Final Submission Deadline = April 22nd, 2022 (11:59 PM CST)
- Winners Announced = April 29th, 2022
- Must be an original work, created by the submitter OR a properly credited remix
- One design submission per registration
- Open to WUSTL students living in residential life housing.
- You may work as an individual or in a group or team
- Participants retain all rights to their submissions.
- Participants grant STS license to publish submissions online and in print.
- Participants grant STS permission to be used in advertisement and marketing.
- All entries must be in a .STL format to qualify. Entries in any other format will be disqualified.
- Neither the work nor its use infringes any patent, utility model, functional design right, aesthetic design right, trademark, copyright, or any other intellectual property right of any person, organization, or institution.
- Erroneous and non-printable entries will result in disqualification
There are many applications for creating 3D printing files these days. Some of the more popular ones are listed below:
- TinkerCAD = Beginner 3D CAD program that runs completely in the browser.
- AutoDesk Fusion 360 = A more advanced CAD software used by architects and engineers. Is free for educational use.
A more comprehensive list of 3D file editing tools can be found here.
If you’re looking for a base to build from, STS has a pre-made cart base that you can utilize: