The Student Technology Coordinator (STC) program provides a unique opportunity for students with excellent interpersonal skills and an interest in technology to work within their residential college as a technology liaison and be the “face of STS” to their fellow students. If you are interested in becoming an STC in your residential college, please review the job description below. For a list of our current STCs please visit our Student Staff page.
NOW HIRING STCs!
We are accepting applications for the following FA20/SP21 positions:
– Rosedale STC (Housing in 6057 Rosedale, 2 singles apt.)
– Lofts STC (Housing in 6300, 3 singles apt.)
– HIG STC (Housing in Hitzeman, Suite w/2Doubles 2Singles)
STC Job Description
Essential Functions: STCs are sophomores, junior or senior level student employees of Student Technology Services who work approximately 6-8 hours per week. The STC is responsible for providing technology support in the Residential College where they reside. The STC also provides support at the STS Service Desk (Gregg Hall) for 4hours/week and assist with print support at Olin Business School.
- Assist residential students with computer/connectivity trouble-shooting and referral to appropriate technology resources
- Monitor and support the day-to-day operations of the computer labs located within the residential college, including keeping the printing supplies full and the computers in working order
- Develop communication methods to keep residential students and staff apprised of technology resources and news; these methods can include emails, texts, phone calls, posted signage, etc.
- Provide a Fall educational training program on a topic of interest to the residential students in their individual res colleges—the goal of the program is to increase technology proficiency, responding to questions/needs that students have. Develop (as a group) a Spring tech expo event open to all residential students.
- Develop and maintain rapport with the Residential College Director; communicate regularly to ensure timely dissemination of technology-related information
- Live in a designated residence hall or residential college. STC housing is assigned to the same suite every year and no housing changes are allowed. Please check where the current STC lives for the ResCollege you are applying for.
- Complete all orientation sessions specific to the STC role; training includes sessions on office procedures, computer lab maintenance, technology troubleshooting, customer service and communication and attend a segment of RA training
- Support the Move-In process at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters with extra work hours
- Hold two “office hours” in their rescollege computer lab through the end of September – post office hours and socialize to residents
- Meet with the STS Programs Manager weekly until October 1st.
- Build positive relationships among students, ResLife staff and STS
- Minimum of a four-hour shift at the STS Service Desk
- Knowledge of and proficiency with PC and Mac operating systems
- Full time undergraduate student with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA in good academic and judicial standing
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Plans to live in the specific Residential College in need of a STC
- Recommendation from RCD and/or STS staff