The Student Technology Coordinator (STC) program provides a unique opportunity for students with excellent interpersonal skills and an interest in technology to work within their residential college as a technology liaison and be the “face of STS” to their fellow students. A tech-related major is not required to apply, but tech interest and acumen are. Our team consists of students from a diverse array of disciplines spanning all undergraduate colleges.
STC Job Description
STCs are residential student employees of Student Technology Services who work approximately 5-8 hours per week. The STC is responsible for providing technology support in the Residential College where they reside. The STC also provides support at the STS Service Desk (Gregg Hall) for a minimum 4 hours/week and maintains the computer lab(s) located in their buildings.
– Computer/connectivity trouble-shooting and referral to appropriate technology resources
– Day-to-day operations of the computer labs located within the residential college, including keeping the printing supplies full and the computers in working order.
– Communicate regularly to ensure timely dissemination of technology-related information to residential students and staff
– Facilitate an educational training program on a topic of interest to the residential students in the individual res colleges—the goal of the program is to increase technology proficiency, responding to questions/needs that students have. Develop (as a group) a Spring tech expo event open to all residential students.
– Develop and maintain rapport with the Residential College Director.
– Live in a designated residence hall or residential college. STC housing is assigned by ResLife to the same suite every year and no housing changes are allowed.
– Complete all orientation sessions specific to the STC role; training includes sessions on office procedures, computer lab maintenance, technology troubleshooting, customer service and communication and attend a segment of RA training. NOTE: One cannot hold a dual RA/STC or a WUSA/STC role.
– Support the Move-In process at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters with extra work hours
– Build positive relationships among students, ResLife staff and STS
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Interest in learning about PC and Mac operating systems
- Full time residential undergraduate student with at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA in good academic and judicial standing