Job Title: Strategic Communications Intern for the Fuse
Availability: 5-10 hours per week, in 2-hour minimum increments, M-F between 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Department: Public Affairs
The Public Affairs strategic communications intern for the Fuse will assist with functions related to telling the university’s innovation and entrepreneurship story to both internal and external audiences in this paid internship.
As part of the professional development program of the Office of Public Affairs, each intern is required to attend one brown bag lunch presentation and complete two information interviews during the semester.
• Create content for the Fuse, a portal, community and storytelling site for all things related to innovation and entrepreneurship at WashU. Content can include written news items or features as well as multimedia pieces.
• Update the website content using WordPress.
• Assist in Fuse editorial planning and strategy.
• Bring ideas for strategically telling WashU’s innovation and entrepreneurship story through projects and events on campus and in the community.
• Assess, catalog and organize website content.
• Excellent writing skills
• Capable of learning through your own research
• Great organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Willingness to take on any task, no matter how large or small
• Optional: work-study eligible
Candidates should be prepared to show writing samples. Multimedia samples also welcome.
Interested? Please send your résumé and writing samples to Ria Sharon — Ria.email@example.com