Department: Brown School
Reports to: Audiovisual Production Support Specialist
Schedule: not to exceed 20 hours per week, must have weekend and evening availability
Location: Brown School of Social Work
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Aptitude for audio-visual (AV) equipment and information technology (IT). Ability to write documentation for hardware and software procedures.
- Comfortable with video cameras, audio recorders and web conference technology (Zoom, Skype for Business, etc.)
- Troubleshooting classroom and office AV/IT equipment.
- Schedule AV equipment from requests via the web form, phone and in-person requests. Deliver, setup, test and retrieve AV equipment for classes, events, meetings, etc. Participates in video, audio and web production.
- Record and edit video and email videos to clients for: colloquia, lectures and other events. Ensure that printers for the Brown School are working and have sufficient toner and paper. Conduct weekly tests of the AV equipment in all three Brown School buildings (Hillman, Brown and Goldfarb).
- Learn and demonstrate best practices for creating documentation.
- Act as front-desk/first responder for AV/IT questions from Brown School community such as: Directing people to the proper office for non-OIT related technology matters: Service Center, Solution Center, Student Technology Services (STS), Brown School Library, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Meet STaRS hiring criteria
Basic knowledge of Macintosh OS and Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite,
Preferred: Video Editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, etc.)
Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Ability to work under deadlines
Maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher
Ability to communicate clearly and seek clarification from clients when needed
Excellent writing, verbal and organizational skills
Attention to detail