Department: Student Technology Services/DevSTAC
Reports To: STS IT Project Manager
Hours: Student Assistant Digital Designer will work a flexible schedule tailored to the needs of the DevSTAC staff and clients and the availability of the student. A minimum of 5 hours per week are required. During the school year, 2 hours per week must be spent at the STS offices. Summer work can be done remotely although the ability to meet in person is preferred.
The Digital Designer is responsible for designing user interfaces for a variety of projects under the purview of the Student developer group DevSTAC. The Digital Designer will create modern, clean, easy-to-navigate websites, mobile apps as well as marketing materials with mentoring from experienced professionals. All student workers report to the STS IT Project Manager and will work collaboratively with all members of DevSTAC and STS Staff.
- Layout, design and organization for websites, mobile applications, and video games
- Create static and dynamic web pages
- Assist in management and development of various WordPress websites
- Write, edit and proof content
- Create quick graphics for web deployment
- Create logos, flyers and digital signage
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Adhere to agreed-upon work schedule
- Attend required meetings and/or training
- Respond quickly to emails or other communications
- Candidates must understand how to design for digital content delivery.
- Previous experience or a demonstration of graphic arts and design skills is required.
- Must have knowledge of the Adobe Create Suite or similar software tools.
- Assist STS staff with additional requests as they arise.
- Must be comfortable working with deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to project professional image.
- 3D software design a plus (Unity, Blender, Maya etc.)