Department: Division of Student Affairs/DUC Event Management
Reports To: DUC Assistant Director for Media
Hours: Danforth University Center Web Designer will work a flexible schedule tailored to the needs of the University Center staff and the availability of the student. A minimum of 10 hours per week are required between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Job Description: The Web Designer is responsible for the planning, design, and updates of all websites under the purview of the Division of Student Affairs office and the Danforth University Center and Event Management office. The Web Designer will develop dynamic web content with a focus on communications and marketing, with mentoring from experienced professionals. All student assistants ultimately report to the Director of the Danforth University Center and work collaboratively with all members of the DUC & Event Management.
- Assist in management and development of the Division of Student Affairs web presence and the Danforth University Center and Event Management web presence.
- Framework or template development
- Web site layout and organization
- Writing static and dynamic web pages
- Write, edit and proof content
- Evaluate existing content and recommend options for sourcing new content
- Assist in auditing existing sites and create, edit and maintain content information architecture, multimedia and text-based content for new/revised sites.
- Creating quick graphics for web deployment
- Assist in managing efficient work submission process
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Adhere to agreed-upon work schedule
- Attend required meetings and/or training
- Candidates must understand the fundamentals of the web developing and publishing.
- Must understand the problems of cross browser and cross platform development.
- Previous experience or a demonstration of graphic arts and presentation is preferred helpful, specifically using design software including Adobe Photoshop, In-Design, and Illustrator.
- User interface development experience desired.
- Assist University Center staff with additional requests as they arise.
- Must be comfortable working with deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to project professional image.