Title: Communications Intern
Department: Office of the CIO
Hours: 10-12 hours per week, M-F 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We seek a tech savvy communications intern to assist with WordPress web, InDesign publication and email development through the LISTSERV Maestro email tool. The intern will participate in marketing campaign execution and collateral development using multiple communications channels to target various identified audiences while adhering to Washington University and organizational formats, style, language and logo standards.
Must be a fast learner, comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. The position will report to the Communications Manager within the Office of the CIO. The Communications Manager will set goals, manage performance, and provide guidance/mentoring/collaboration.
- Assist in updating it.wustl.edu and cio.wustl.edu with content related to current and upcoming projects and initiatives
- Design/develop publication in InDesign using provided written content
- Provide graphic design support for current and upcoming projects and initiatives
- Design/develop email communications in LISTSERV Maestro using provided written content
- Assist in development of value proposition presentations (using PowerPoint)
- Work with communications team to creatively communicate complex technology concepts and services (infographic and other visual communication conceptualization and development)
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge
- Understanding of graphic design principles
- Understanding of web standards
- Excellent graphic design skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign and Photoshop), WordPress, Microsoft Office (specifically PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines