Job Title: Cybersecurity Awareness Specialist
Department: Office of the CIO
Location: West Campus
Hours/Salary: 10-20 hrs/wk, $10-$15/hr depending on experience and education
The Cybersecurity Awareness Specialist will work with the Washington University Information Security Office (ISO) and the Office of the CIO Communications team to help cultivate a risk aware culture inside Washington University by informing and inspiring students, faculty and staff to adapt cybersecurity and data protection best practices using compelling awareness and enablement materials, social media and new media and marketing techniques. The person in this internal communications role will partner with subject matter experts and key stakeholders to drive critical IT security awareness and behavioral change initiatives. This role builds and maintains relationships with Washington University cybersecurity subject matter experts and key internal stakeholders and writes and disseminates internal communication materials, including intranet content, e-mail notices, e-newsletters, news articles, blogs, social media content, fact sheets, presentations, and other enablement collateral/assets.
- Work with the Information Security Office to gather information and translate it into easy-to-understand, engaging content for blogs, articles, internal cybersecurity intranet sites and communities.
- Conduct interviews, research, write, manage approvals for and distribute/post or submit content for web production.
- Stay informed of management and program changes, news and developments within the ISO, the CIO organization, and Washington University, and apply good news judgment in order to respond with appropriate new content development or updates to existing content.
- Create social media content, engage in “social listening” and interactive conversations and responses through internal social media channels.
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders and vendors, including web production, design services, translations and web metrics teams.