The Washington University in St. Louis Department of Information Services and Technology has developed an initiative to enhance mobile computing on campus. This webpage is intended to give the University community information on the initiative as well as news and updates on mobile computing.
News and Updates:
- Washington University has launched a new mobile app called “WUSTL Mobile” that brings together the best mobile functionality from across the University. Download WUSTL Mobile from the links below:
- The WUSTL Office of Public Affairs has developed an excellent set of promotional and marketing materials for the WUSTL Mobile app that can be used to promote the app at various venues and through various mediums. Please feel free to download and use these excellent resources.
- Note that while WUSTL Mobile is not yet available for Windows Phone, you can still find great stand-alone mobile apps for Windows Phone .
What is the mobile computing Initiative?
- Information Services and Technology has formed a working group tasked with enhancing mobile computing technologies on campus. The initiative has broad goals including working with student developers, collaborating with University schools and departments around their own mobile computing goals, providing guidelines and technical expertise for mobile website development, evaluating mobile application development platforms, and making University data available for consumption/syndication on mobile devices.
Is the mobile computing initiative centered on a specific platform?
- No. While many of the current WUSTL mobile apps are built for the Apple iOS platform, the mobile computing initiative aims to provide mobile computing on all common mobile platforms including iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and mobile web.
I have my own idea for a WUSTL app. How can I get started collaborating with the University?
- We recommend that you start by reviewing our Application Review Checklist and the Application Development Procedure Outline. These pages discuss the requirements for applications that will be sanctioned and published by the University. Next, contact a member of the Mobile Computing Advisory Committee with an outline of your idea/concept and request a time to meet and discuss your app concept.
Can’t I just publish my WUSTL app on my own?
- Applications which use WUSTL trademarks, replicate publicly available University data, or in any way portray themselves as a WUSTL app must be published in conjunction with the University and you must obtain appropriate rights to use University trademarks and data.